Saturday, November 29, 2008

29. Or 30. Or Maybe 65 (Nov 29, 2008)




When someone tells me they are 30, I don't ever think of them being old. It's My Birthday today But when it comes to ME being 30, I feel decrepit. I feel depressed about it. I know it's just a number. I know I'm not the first woman to turn 30. I'm the "big 3-0" today I know I'm only as old as I feel blah blah blah.

A teenager at the place I work at said to me a while ago when she found out I was almost 30, "Whoa! You don't look that old!" Burn! I know it was a compliment, but it could have been said with a wee touch more couth.

I have decided I am going to be one of "those" women. Happy Birthday to me I am going to be 29 again. I can recycle a number, can't I? I mean, after all, it is just a number, right? 29 wasn't necessarily one of my most memorable years, but it sounds so much better than me being thirty! I don't care how old I am, I still want a cake dang it. But it better only have 29 candles

I think one of the reasons it's bothering me so much, is my boyfriend is only 26. Well, he will be in 2 days. So not fair! he thinks it's funny how I say I'll stay 29 for one more year. His response? "Yeah. And I wanna stay 25 for another year." Jackass.
I better be getting something good for this birthday, with the said birthday being today
Maybe I'll feel better about turning 30 when I let myself turn 31.

Maybe.

Or maybe I'll feel better about it tomorrow.

OR I could just lie until it's painfully obvious that 29 has been overly recycled. I figure (I hope!!) that will be when I'm 40. Then I'll lie and say I'm 39. How sweet would that be? By-pass 30-38 all together? Oh yeah! But When I turn the ripe old age where I'm classified as a senior, I'll be all over that one. Seniors get kick ass deals on things! Who would want to miss out on that?! Okay. 30 isn't sounding too too bad now... HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME!! Oh. I mean, HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME!! :)

I didn't even get to sleep in today. Booooooooooo!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment