Friday, November 7, 2008

"I Like Spiders In A Tree" (November 7, 2008)

I am in love with my son's teacher. She is AMAZING. She is a Saint. She is a great teacher. And she cares.

As I have posted in the past, he had a pretty crappy grade one year. His teacher gave up on him, and tried to attribute his lack of learning to behavioural problems. My kid doesn't have behaviour problems. Well, the kind SHE was referring to anyways.

In September, my precious little boy was at a reading level of a kindergartner. He's in grade two. As of yesterday, November 6, 2008, (we start school here the day after labor day) only 2 months into the school year, my son is now at a reading level where a grade one would be at halfway through the grade one year. Mrs. M said that no child who was that far behind should have ever been able to catch up so quickly. Braden will be caught up with his peers in no time!!

Let's take a moment, shall we, while I try to unpuff my chest and wipe this big goofy smile off of my face.

... Nope. It's not gonna happen. I am one proud Mama!!

The little stinker has even started to write his own stories!
I asked him if I could put his story on the computer and he thought that was pretty cool. He wants Auntie Shannon to read it to Aiden. (Hi Shannon!!)



"I like spiders in a tree and I see spiders in a tree and like our mpl {maple} tree and I like spiders in a tree."



"I like btrflae {butterflies} in the sky and I see btrflae in a sky and I like btrflae in a sky."



I like brds {birds} on the ground and I like the{m} in the sky"

(I giggle when I look at his rendition of a bird, standing on the ground...my poor kid has inherited my artistic abilities...or lack there of! Hee hee!)

The coolest thing is, Mrs. M said once kids start writing out stories on their own "just because" is an AWESOME sign they are well on their way to literacy. WAHOOO!!! GO Braden GO!!

No comments:

Post a Comment