Monday, September 29, 2008

The third time's the charm...I hope!! (September 29, 2008)

*Disclaimer - The author of this blog is in no way responsible for continuous eye rolling, gag fests or any other symptoms that may arise from a mushy post*


Aaron and I met in January of 2004. We became "official" about a month later. We were together for 6 months, broke up for one month, then back together again for another 6 months. 4 days after we broke up the second time, I found out I was pregnant. Niiiice. He had already made plans to move back to Ontario. I told him to go, but come back before baby was born. To make a long story short, he didn't move back until Mackenzie was almost 2. (We stayed in touch during this time, plus I went out there twice and he came out here twice in the 22 months of her life.) It may not have been the "right" decision, but I supported it. He moved back to B.C. just over a year ago. I wondered how things would be, what he would expect, and if he had done any growing up.

I discovered that not only had he grown up, but so had I. He loves his daughter fiercely, and parents with me. He supports my decisions, as well as I do his. We are on the same wave length. It's amazing. Not only does he love Mackenzie with all his heart, but Braden too. Before we got back together in July, (hey, third time's the charm, right?!)he not only took Mackenzie on the weekends, but Braden as well. His theory was/is "why not?" He wants Braden to call him dad. Sometimes Braden does, sometimes he doesn't. And Aaron doesn't care.

The bond that Aaron and I have is ...indescribable. I don't know how much of it is because we do have a past, or because we have a child together, or because we have both grown up. And I don't care. I have never felt this secure or happy in a relationship. I am definitely twitterpated.

There are two things that worry me however:

1 - The man has an addiction to chocolate more so than a room full of 50 hormonal PMSing broads. (How is he not fat???)

2 - The only country music he likes/tolerates is The Dixie Chicks, and the song, "Save A Horse, Ride A Cowboy", by Big and Rich.

Clearly, I'll have to have many more secret hypnotic sessions discussions with him regarding these points before we can move on.

Mackenzie says this about her daddy, "I wike him wots and wots." Me too baby girl, me too.

No comments:

Post a Comment