Saturday, September 27, 2008

Have your cake and eat it too!!! (September 27, 2008)


I have about 10 boxes of cake mix sitting in my cupboard. I buy them here and there, but never use them. I don't really have a sweet tooth (I crave the salty snacks) but keep them on hand "just in case".

A couple weeks ago, my cousin was telling me instead of using the eggs, oil and milk/water, you use.. Da da DA....Diet coke. D.I.E.T. C.O.K.E. Put your eyebrows down. I did that too. She had heard about it at weight watchers but hadn't yet tried it. I forgot about till last night. I decided to get a second opinion. Google. I googled "diet coke cake" and up came a gazillion and two links for it. "okay", I thought to myself. "this can't be that bad." At worst case scenario one box of cake mix, one, yes ONE, CAN of diet coke would go to waste. So i hauled out my chocolate cake mix, my ONE can of diet coke (it STILL seems weird) mixed it together, baked for the required amount of time, and...?? VOILA!! CAKE!! That tastes like cake! Fluffy little morsels of (mostly) guilt free cake!!! I couldn't believe it! I put the regular store bought icing on it, but I read using cool whip is a great guilt calorie reducer too!

Next time I'm using chocolate mix with diet orange pop ("soda" for you Americans) Mmm... Chocolate orange cake! Doesn't that sound good?? THEN, I'll do vanilla cake mix with a diet sprite. Or chocolate with diet cherry coke. There are so many options!!

I can honestly say, I have never been so excited about cake!! Oh yeah. One more thing... Without the eggs, oil and water? There is less cleaning up to do after! Oh yeah baby!

No comments:

Post a Comment