Thursday, October 16, 2008

Thursday Thirteen #1 (October 16, 2008)

Okay. I've been blogging now for about 5 months, the last 2 months regularly. It's time to try something new, so I'm going to do the "Thursday Thirteen". I hope to be consistent with it. (It's harder than it looks!!) Here goes...

Thirteen Things about YOUR NAME


1. Lana

2. Old people say it's a beautiful name

3. Kids tormented me

4. "Lana banana" is a fantastic rhyme. That made me want to murder at the age of 8.

5. They liked calling me "Lana the Llama" while bleating like a lamb.

6. Unintentionally, my parents named both my sister and I after sex goddesses of the 60's. (Lana Turner and Gina Lollobrigida)

7. Read my name backwards. Yeeeaaaah... I discovered that one when I was 11, Thought my parents must have hated me.

8. 60% of the time people call me "Launa". Nope. It's Lana. LA-nah.

9. 25% of the time, people call me "Alana". I will correct this once. If it continues, I will call them Adave. or, Ashannon, or asteve, or abetty.

10. In Spanish and Latin, my name literally translates to "wool" or "fleece".

11. I (briefly) considered naming my daughter "Lanaya" (La-NAY-ah) just so I could have my name in hers.

12. I'm still a bit bitter about point number 7. Although, once I point that out, I'm never called "Alana" again. Go figure.

13. After attending a total of 5 schools (4 elementary, 1 high school), it wasn't until grade 9 that I met another "Lana". (To all you "Jennifer's, Amanda's and Nicole's, please don't hate me!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment