Monday, October 20, 2008

Nesting? or Un-nesting (October 20, 2008)


When I was pregnant with my son, I went through the entire pregnancy without going through the "nesting" stage. Well, just barely. When I was 6 months pregnant with him, I went through a 3 day cleaning binge, cleaning and clearing the house out top to bottom.

But I didn't really count that as nesting per say, as it was May, the official "Spring Cleaning" month. Everyone in our town house complex was doing it.

When I was preggers with Kenzie, my "nesting" stage began on November 15th, around 5pm. I was 35 weeks, 4 day along. I gave birth to her almost 27 hours later.

I wonder now if I was nesting because my body "knew" she was coming, or if rearranging the living room (by myself...oops) pushed me into active labour.

The past few days I have been doing what I can only consider to be as nesting.

Wait.

No, I am NOT pregnant. Not even as in "I may be pregnant and am in denial type of pregnant". Just plain old NOT. PREGNANT.

So why am I finding the sudden urge to bake? I am NO Suzy homemaker. I just don't bake. The past week I have baked 2 cakes, 2 loaves of pumpkin loaf and 3 loaves of banana bread. Not to mention I have de-cluttered significantly, to the point where I have bribed my garbage man to take extra bags of trash (beyond the allowed 2 bags per household rule) with the offerings of said banana bread and a flash of my boobs. OK, so I'm kidding about the last part. I want him to take the garbage, not send him running in holy terror at the sight of my sagging bags of flesh.

I digress...

I have even set up a date where my dad is going to come with his truck and take a load to the dump. I am very excited about this. Once the junk gets out, I can arrange the bedrooms again to suit 3 people, not 6.

I am at a loss. The only thing I can think of is my mind has finally accepted the fact that my nephews have gone back with their mom, and I can move on from that chapter in my life. Seriously. That is the only feasible explanation to this craziness.

So that makes me wonder. If we "nest" when we are expecting a new arrival, am I "un-nesting" because the boys aren't living here anymore? Is that possible??

That is all for now. I hear my sink calling. It's ready for it's nightly shine, and I think I hear some dust trying to settle on the coffee table...

No comments:

Post a Comment