Friday, October 24, 2008

Cha cha cha Chia!! (October 24, 2008)





I'm sitting here scratching my chin. Not because I am deep in thought. Oh no. It's because I shaved it. Yes. I Shaved. My. Chin.

This is not a regular habit. But you see, I had to do it.

On Saturday my boyfriend and I were sharing a cuddle on the couch. We were having a nice little chat about our daughter's constipation and potty training efforts the meaning of life, when he looked thoughtfully into my eyes for a moment. As he was gazing oh so immensely, I realized he was touching my chin so very lightly. Awe, I thought to myself. He can be romantic. Then it tickled for a second.

So I touched my chin where he touched and felt a 10 foot long 2cm long hair. Coming out of my chin.

"Aaron!! Were you... Are you... What the hell man? Why were..? ARG! You do NOT play with your girlfriend's chin hair! EVER!!"

He had a combined look of confusion and amusement plastered on his face.

"What?" he said, as he shrugged his shoulders. "So what? It's not like I was trying to braid it."

Braid it?? WTF? How long IS this sucker?? I stared at him with admonishment, and my hand cupping my chin. Is he really that effing clueless?

I gave him "the" look, and went to the bathroom to see how noticeable it really was. HOLY MOTHER OF GOD!! I'm turning into a fricken chia pet!! "Cha cha cha chia!! Cha cha cha CHIA!" The jingle played in my head over and over. I had SEVEN stray hairs on my chin. Looong hairs. I shit you not, the longest one was 2.5 cm long. (1 inch) I grabbed it with my fingernails and yanked. Did I get it? I don't see it... wait. What's that? I leaned in closer. I managed to grab the hair between my nails and curled it. It friggin CURLED on me.

Eff that crap. Since I don't own tweezers (yes I shave my uni-brow because I am a giant wuss) I grabbed my razor and shaved those little SOB's off!

And 6 days later my chin is STILL itchy. And bumpy. Apparently it's not a good idea to dry shave. Anywhere. Including your chin. Regardless of who sees it. And plays with it. And how much time you have.

Well, off to Wal-Mart. I have to buy some tweezers and anti itching cream supplies.

No comments:

Post a Comment