Friday, June 13, 2008

Winks and hyperactive fish (June 14 2008)


My new daily routine is getting up, feeding the herd breakfast, and while they eat I get "me" time. My new routine to make me feel more like ME is put on my contacts, do my hair (somewhat) and put on make up. It's AMAZING how different I feel with makeup on. In my early 20's I wore it all the time. I stopped and didn't wear makeup for about 5 years. In those 5 years i may have worn makeup maybe 5 times.

Yesterday was the same old thing. I dropped the boys off at school, and went out for breakfast with Mackenzie, Alex and my mom. After breakfast we headed over to zellers to do some shopping. I was strolling through the toy department in search of a miracle toy that children could play with that no one would fight over...yeeeah. That doesn't exist...I looked up to see a VERY good looking fellow. he was quite the eye candy! We had brief eye contact and then he winked at me! I felt my face go beet red, and I quickly turned around with a what-the-heck-just-happened look on my face. Needless to say I was feeling pretty good about myself. About 15 minutes later I was in the DVD section, scoping out the movies. An older gentleman, around 60 or so, looked at me and gave the polite "hello nod". I returned it with a polite smile, and then he winked at me! WHAT THE HECK?? Twice?? In the same day?? Sure he was a little old, but my ego was boosted!! My mom and I decided it was time to head over to the cashier. We had all we needed and needed to be on our way. The girl at the check out counter seemed pleasant enough, till she gave me a weird look. When we were done paying and were heading to the car, I asked mom if she saw that weird look the cashier gave me. She said no, she didn't see. Then mom did a double take at me and asked why I was winking at her. Huh??? I wasn't. She said "Look at me for a minute". I did, and she started laughing. She asked if my contacts were bothering me. I said no, why? She tells me my left eye blinks twice...while my right eye follows every other blink. Niiiice. That may explain the cashier's funny look and the old man, but that hot guy was totally winking cuz he liked what he saw! That's my story and I'm stickin with it!!

I was diagnosed with hypothyroidism about 2 years ago. I take one and half iddy bitty little pills everyday, and will probably have to take them for the rest of my life. No biggy. They help me function. I have to get blood work done every year to year and a half to make sure I am getting the proper dosage. If someone were to take a dosage that was too high for too long, they would end up showing symptoms of hyperthyroidism. Well, today I managed to dumped half my prescription down the bloody sink. I am not impressed with me! I can just see in the news over the next couple of days some scientists or biologist will be doing a study on fish. Fish that are very hyperactive in this particular area...shhhh! It wasn't me!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment