Sunday, June 8, 2008

Topic Jumper (June 8 2008)


I'm not going to use this blog as a "diary". If I did, the posts would be...well, sad, sappy, boring and LONG. I've been against the blogging thing forever, cuz I didn't "get it". Then I created this blog and found quite a few friends here who have also just started or are re-starting their blogs. Small friggin world.

I like reading blogs. I like taking a sneak peak into the lives of friends, family and even strangers, even though it's just a surface look. I envy some of the bloggers out their. Their writing skills are phenomenal. Some are serious, and some are down right hilarious.

I'm not sure what "theme" this will have, if any. I can say that I won't be posting too many of my "issues" on here though.

I don't know about you, but for me, certain topics can only be brought up with certain people. My love life...or lack there of...will usually be reserved for Shannon and a couple others. My finances, I'll leave that topic for my mom...as in, "mom, can ya lend me $50??? PWEEEZE". Religion...yowza. I can only talk to so many people about that, because no matter WHAT, I start to cry. I'm not sure why.

I topic jump. I used to make fun of a friend of mine for that. HA! Never mind used to. I STILL bug her about it. She switches topics so quickly, that sometimes, I'm still 3 topics behind as she rambles on. No fret though. She eventually comes back around again and we catch up just fine. I can stay on topic while having a conversation, but through writing? Not a chance.

This weekend Braden and Mackenzie went to their dad's place. (long story short, Aaron is Mackenzie's dad, but he refuses to leave Braden outta the picture, since Braden's "dad" IS outta the picture. Aaron refers to both of them as his kids...awe. and "Sigh" :) ) Aaron is totally into MMA (mixed martial arts). He goes to classes 5 days of the week to train. So he's "training" Braden on the weekends. YIKES! Braden is learning all these techniques and what not. He's SIX!! My BABY!! I completely trust Aaron. I just NEVER want to see it again! Yesterday Braden was grappling with his cousin who is 10, and about 2 feet taller than him. The whole time I was like "OoooH!! AHH!! GASP!!" while chewing on my fingernails and clenching my ass cheeks together. Aaron was looking at me with raised eyebrows, and probably hoping I would leave soon so there wouldn't be such a "mom" presence. Aaron was calling out moves to Braden, coaching him how to get out of the "ball cruncher" move, or whatever they called it. He may have been witnessing guy stuff, but all I was seeing was my baby getting a boo-boo.
Here he is. I don't know why I was so concerned though...
he WAS kicking some serious ass... Awe. Look at my little tank!!




Poor Braden. You'd have to know him. I guess you'd have to know me better to know I'm not being a degrading cow towards my own flesh and blood, but... I can see him in 12 to 15 years or so. He's the guy that everyone will love and adore. The big muscular kid/man with a HINT of a beer gut, waving a giant foam finger at a sports game while smashing a beer can on his head. His motto may just be "strong like bull, smart like tractor". After the "game", he'll come home telling his dear old mother how lovely she looks, and ask her to make him something to eat. Like always. I'll say of course, while licking my thumb in preparation to rub the encrusted mustard off of his face from the 4 hot dogs he already consumed at the game. I'll just hope he keeps any fight stories to himself.

No comments:

Post a Comment